Friday 3 April 2015

Good Karma - Green Catbird



It seems saving that Magpie (my last post), has bought me some good Karma.
Over the last week or so, I have had 3 new visitors to the Tapas Bar.
One I thought I’d get, One I hoped I’d get & One I didn’t know lived in the area.

As usual I have too many photos so I will post by visitor.

The One I didn’t know lived in the area. A Green Catbird.

Now all the birds at the Tapas Bar have names & characters.
So let me introduce you to Kit.
Kit, why don’t you tell them a bit about your self?


Well Hi, yes I’m Kit. I’m a Pisces, I like long walks along the beach


Bwahahahaha
No seriously, nice to meet you. My name can be a bit confusing (not the Kit part). You will have noticed I look a lot like my cousins Brad, Angelina & Shirley (Satin Bowerbirds), but my surname isn’t Bowerbird.


This is me


& my cousin Angelina
Angelina's partner Brad
We were kicked off the family tree some time ago. And why, I hear you ask?
Well, it seems my forefathers refused to build Bowers, which back then was a big No No. They believed it should take more than a mans bed to impress the girls. Things like character, provisioning skills, not things like how much blue I can collect.

Back then, that was akin to Galileo taking on the Pope.
 
So Ok, you want to know how we got the name Catbird. Those same forefathers, howled when being told they were getting kicked off the family tree. Their howls some say resemble a cats howl, and that’s how were got our name.
Now, falling from the tree had some advantages. Most significantly was colour. While all the Bowerbirds went on to develop outstanding colour to lure a mate, we thought it prudent, as we are all  ground dwelling birds, to go down the camouflage path.


Our favourite game is playing Ninja
I am Ninja - now you see me......


.........now you don't. But I'm still here.
I must say my first experience here at Kooks Tapas Bar was not at all as I expected.
Flying in early, I noticed there was already a regular there. Good, I can go up & make my introductions.
And this is how that went.


Me flying in for my 1st visit


Hi, I'm Kit, pleased to meet you.


Doesn't Chef lay out a good spread.
May I join you?
 
Absolutely, btw in Bitey. but I must warn you
 the others think I'm somewhat cantankerous.



Why would they think that Bitey?
Well it started with...
Oh, its probably better just to show you
I bite people

Well that's it for now.  I've a pretty think skin and put Biteys welcome down to just him being quirky.
 
I'll be back.














 


No comments:

Post a Comment