Friday 15 August 2014

A Prawns Tale


 
Myself, and some school mates were invited over to Brads for lunch.

Me & some mates - I'm the good looking one
 

It was a lazy Sunday afternoon. Sun is shining, the smell of neighbours BBQ’s wafting in the air, Van Morrison playing in the background.


 
 
Chilling out with mates, having a few brews & talking shit, and with a view like this. How good is life?



 


bruiser

Bruiser (Brads mate), was already there. I think he was Brads mate? But he may have been there for crowd control (when we prawns get together – well - things can get a little crazy. We have a bit of a rep as being party animals).He was cool, just a little quiet.



 
 
Soon things started to get a little strange. I looked around & I noticed a few of my mates had split. Now, this is not unusual for a few to split if there was a better offer, but what was better than this?

 
 
A little while later and a few more were missing.

 
I checked with Bruiser. Boy was he pissed. They tend to exude foam from their eye when they're drunk. Such an ugly trait. Anyway, he wasn’t much help.

 
 
killing field
It was then that I twigged. 
 

 
 


We weren’t invited here for lunch! Well, we were, but you know what I mean.

It was then that panic set in. Let me tell you, the others were embarrassing.

I even heard one of them scream "take them, take them". There’s a very slight chance that it might have been me.

that's me bravely cowering in the rear
 

I knew if I could get to the rail, I was a chance to make the water.

Unfortunately, “old mates” didn’t make it. They laid down their lives for me – with maybe a little nudge from me. (Their sacrifice will go down in prawnlore)


almost there - you know, I think I can make it
 

OH BUGGER!!!
 
 
 See, it did contain Kookaburras....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment