Saturday 14 March 2015

Blue Bar part 1



I told Button a "Little Johhny" joke. She fell off the railing!
I had often seen birds hang off my back fence at weird angels, so I had the idea of leaning a blue bar against the fence and placing the food below it.

I wasn’t sure the effect it would have, but I guessed there may have been 3 outcomes.
1/ They’re curious and come for a look.
2/ They completely ignore it.
3/ They were fearful of at as it’s alien to their environment.

What I didn’t expect was the reaction I got.

It seems every bird in the neighbourhood wanted to play on it.
So much so, there were squabbles over who could sit where.
I got so many good photos, I’ll let them tell the story.

I will split this post into 2 or 3 parts, to keep download times short.

Of course the first to turn up were the Noisy Miners (Mick & Mal), Closely  followed by Red the Wattlebird.

 
 
It was about now the first stoush started.


Mal decided he wanted the spot Red was perched on.
 
Fluffed up he marched towards Red who started backtracking.


Then it was like a light switched on in Reds brain,
and he realizes he’s twice as big as Mal.


With that, the table turns,
and Mal is quickly seen off the bar.
Well it turns out Mal’s not a very quick learner, but Red is.
Mal tries his luck a second time.  Using the same unsuccessful front on attack.
This time Red decides to give Mal a good old arse kicking.








Once that pecking order had been settled, it was time for Brad & Angelina (Satin Bowerbirds) to have a look. They are one handsome pair.




Hey Angelina, get over here & check this out
Ok Brad, I'll be there in a sec.


Boy, this really is neat.

How good is this.
I can practice my Palates while chowing down on fresh fruit.

Well, that's it for now folks.
Keep an eye out for the next instalment
Blue Pole part 2







 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment