Sunday 20 July 2014

Kookaburra Games - Who’s holding your beak?


Beak Holding




I think this was our 1st Kookaburra games. I could approach them with my empty hand out-stretched, and they would sit there expectantly. I was then able to reach out & hold the end of their beak.

Not knowing how they would react, I was surprised to say the least, that they did nothing.

They just sat there.

They didn’t try to pull away. They didn’t fly away when I let go. They just sat there giving me, at what I can best describe as, a bewildered look. They would look at my fingers, then at me, almost saying – “what was that?”

I’m guessing they have never had an experience like that. They don’t see it as harm or a threat. They just don’t know what to make of it.

Allowing me to hold their beaks, gave me the idea to colour code them for identification (This I will cover  in my post “Colour Me Up”).
 
 Check out the vid.

No comments:

Post a Comment