Saturday 11 October 2014

Some new angles



This week I’ve caught a few good photos of the Family.
 
Last post I touched on some of the Aerodynamics involved in landing. There is so much more than wings & tail going on. Well this week I caught a few more photos of different sets of feathers that also come into play, so I thought I would put up the series.


In most situations, the alula is held flush against the wing; however, it can be manipulated. When flying at slow speeds or landing. This functions in the same way as the slats on the wing of an aircraft, allowing the wing to achieve a higher than normal angle of attack – and thus lift – without resulting in a stall.

back feathers for brake & steering
 









I'm still playing around with different angles.

Enjoy...


the rabbit
the snail

This is the story of the Rabbit & the Snail.
Boss sees food on the way & gets the jump
on Bitey. But Bitey - well he has some smarts.
He knows that I hide the food under my hand first.
 
 
 
 
quickest way down
cousin It
look Mum...I'm a Stingray
 

It's looking like I'm going to need a Traffic Controller around here soon.
Nearly had a mid-air disaster yesterday.


 Well that's it for this week.
I hope you enjoyed.


No comments:

Post a Comment