Wednesday 3 June 2015

Anyone for Cockroach for dinner.



Well it’s been a mixed week, things have been a bit slow at the Tapas Bar.
Lucky for me my cats (Jekyll & Hyde) have jumped in to help provide some interesting tucker for my birds. Lately they’ve brought in a couple of Cockroaches. These get confiscated, against howls of derision, as food for my birds.
The cockies were placed in a container (in the fridge) ready for the next morning and the Tapas Bar.
Note to self: don’t get pissed and mistake these as Chinese takeaway, while they may spring they are not spring rolls.
So the next morning they are carefully placed on the Tapas Bar to get the best photos of what might happen.
Well, soon after positioning these thought to be dead cockies, one moved (it’s alive).
Now that’s not a real good thing for a cockie to do on a BIRD FEEDING TABLE. These guys may be tough, but not real smart.
Instantly Bitey spotted the movement. This cockie, that had such sure hopes for the future, were dashed. He looked up and said one word, & only one word “Fcuk” (they’re not real good at spelling either).
Against all advice for staying still, he ran the gauntlet. Mistake……Big Mistake.

I spy with my little eye.....
Some poor sucker that moved.



Mine, all mine
THE PRECIOUS
Ok, he’s history, but old mate is still playing dead.
This proved a successful strategy, as he lasted another hour. After watching his brother die because he moved, he was frozen to the spot.

However sooner or later someone was bound to notice him. Unfortunately, it was Pied who noticed him.
Pied, the Grey Butcherbird with the unfortunate name.
Now Pied, (a Grey Butcherbird) wrongly named & now with identity issues (sorry Pied – shit happens), spotted the last Cockroach. Unfortunately for the cockie he’s not destined for long life.

Hey Dad, look what I found!
 

I do believe, but I could be wrong.
I see a cockie playing dead.

I think I have the deadest fix for playing dead


And that is to be dead.

As my sister Chris would say....
That's one good cockroach
Now if you believe in Karma, there are 2 things I wouldn’t like to come back as; a Mullet or a Cockroach, both seem to be a feed source for just about everything.

Anyway, that's life is as it . Hope to see all you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment